map-marker Grafton, Massachusetts

Driving record

How can I clean up my driving record?I'm looking for a job to drive and I can't because my record is dirty. How can I make sure it doesn't appear on my record because it's affecting me a lot?
Anne M Efo

Verified Reviewer

Just another bureaucratic agency trying to squeeze more money out of the consumer.

Massachusetts Registry Of Motor Vehicles - Just another bureaucratic agency trying to squeeze...

I am 61 years old and a single grandmother raising my 12 yr old granddaughter. My license expired years ago while I was a then single mom of 4 children and since I couldnt afford a car it didnt make sense to renew my license and spend more money.

So my license stayed expired to the point that now I have to start the whole process all over again. I went to AAA and paid to take the permit test, they told me to take the test at home and if I pass print out the permit myself. Nothing was said about needing a computer or that I could take the test at a RMV office. Well since I live on a fixed income I dont own a computer so I went to a friends house to take the test and I passed so I printed it out and proceeded to schedule the road test (8/17).

The next thing I knew I received a letter from the RMV saying that I cheated on the test and I needed to send an email so I could have a hearing by phone. Nothing about how I cheated or anything. So I got the call first thing this morning and the young man on the phone was not very friendly and it was only 9 am. I explained I was very confused I had no idea what I did or how they thought I cheated.

He said did you read the instructions? I said yes of course I did and he said about the camera being on and no one is allowed in the room? I said yes I did read that and oh my granddaughter came in the room and I quickly told her to leave. He said no that wasnt it your camera was blocked.

I said no it wasnt I did a camera test at the beginning and he said nope your camera was blocked so you cheated and the law says you are suspended for 60 days. I said no thats not fair I didnt cheat I have no reason to cheat Ive been driving for more than half my life I know the rules and mind you I got 7 wrong so if I cheated I did a bad job. I begged him to just let me take the test again I said I took the test at a friends house because I dont own a computer he said no the law says I cant do that you are suspended until 10/7 I said but Im supposed to take the road test on 8/17 he said oh no you cant take that test. He was very rude and mean and he eventually just disconnected the call.

So my first question is where was the hearing that was supposed to happen? This kid Ill call him was judge jury and executioner! Never did even have a shot at explaining myself or defending myself. He said I would have to go thru the state for an appeal and that of course will cost me $50 to file for one and it would take 3-4 weeks from when they receive the form.

Thats stupid the suspension is only 4 weeks longer than that. So why didnt someone tell me about the computer why didnt someone tell me I could take the test at the RMV but this is my fault. And why would I cheat I dont need to cheat and why would I pick such an obvious way to cheat youd have to know that that was an obvious mistake and at least allow me to take the test again. But no not when youre the RMV and can charge me more money for filing this or doing that.

Im surprised I didnt get charged to talk to a punk on the phone.

I felt so defeated when all I was trying to do was better myself and do things the right way. Thanks State of Massachusetts I used to be proud of where Im from.

Cons:
  • Employees are all rude

Preferred solution: A chance to retake the test or remove the suspension

User's recommendation: Make sure you know everything ahead of time

Bridget B Stl

Verified Buyer
| map-marker Woodbridge, New Jersey

You don’t get the license when order online

Massachusetts Registry Of Motor Vehicles - You don’t get the license when order online

Since license has changed , I heard license is coming from Massachusetts and now with the changes, I havent gotten my license in the mail. When it was coming from Trenton, I had no problems.

Now I am waiting for another license to be mailed. I cant drive my car until I get my license. I have been waiting for my license since November and its December 28. Licensed no longer can given in person so I guess I will have to be calling DMV every 4 years to get my license on time.

I am not sending pictures as proof because the only proof I have is an expired license. I see this is going to be an issue all the time.

User's recommendation: If you don’t get your license by 2 weeks, call DMV cus 9 out of 10 , you aren’t getting it.

map-marker Boston, Massachusetts

Renovation to the writen exam.

There were no digital options to solve my problem, however, it was very difficult to reach an attendant. But after being served it was quick and easy.
Anju Ftg

| map-marker Quincy, Massachusetts

Title duplicatr

Registry never answered phone to answer my questions. My number is +161******** about duplicate title. I had to apply for two duplicate titles, because I messed up on both titles, and when I went to apply for a third duplicate title. They said they could not verify my information anymore. Im not sure if they just locked it up. Im not sure I would like to try to apply for a third. Thank you. Please contact me at 617-818-**** I need assistance
map-marker Chicago, Illinois

Change address & change other info.

I just want to change inform to change address to vote do physical disability I cannot go to a RMV What should I do?
Robinson A O

Questions

Need to have a schedule!?? With my appointment!! That am most do!??. I have a appointment and I should get a link,but never got it
Kito Wab
map-marker Laconia, New Hampshire

Was nice

The customer service was nice and easy to use. The customer service representative was nice and polite and took his time helping

User's recommendation: Don’t have any

Richie D Kjc

I'm trying to pay a reinstatement fee

Massachusetts Registry Of Motor Vehicles - I'm trying to pay a reinstatement fee
For two days now Ive been trying to get a human being every number you guys give is the same message and you never get to talk to anybody. I just want to pay my reinstatement fee shouldnt be this hard.Richie Davidson
Cons:
  • No one can pick up the phone same type message for every number

User's recommendation: You guys can you give us a phone number to talk to somebody

Guest

Had the same problem eventually paid my reinstated fee of 600$ & they still didn't do their job corruption at it's finest.

Erin C Dic
map-marker Leominster, Massachusetts

Actively working against the average person

Is the Mass RMV working with car dealerships to actively prevent citizens from registering a vehicle purchased outside a dealership? It certainly feels that way.

The RMV website even suggests going to a dealership. Visiting the RMV is by appointment only, but title transfers and registration are NOT an option when trying to book an appointment. So what is a person supposed to do!?

I had to take a day (A FULL DAY) off work to stand in line to be assigned a number to stand in another line to transfer title and register a motorcycle. This has to be done in person, despite the fact that the RMV does not confirm anything about the vehicle at the time.

And, while waiting 3 hours(!) just to take a number, I watched guys from dealerships breeze right in with stacks of new registrations for owners who were not present. So, we trust a car salesman more than the average person? Does this make sense to anyone other than the car dealerships?

Mass tries to project this image of progressive government working for the people. Visit the RMV, see your tax dollars NOT working for you, and burst that beautiful bubble of B.S.

Cons:
  • Too many to list culminating in failing to exacting their mandate

Preferred solution: Better service options

User's recommendation: Vote for someone who will bring the RMV into the 21st century.

Pat E Opc

| map-marker Brooklyn, New York

Wilmington branch manager is the most unprofessional inappropriate individual to ever work with the public

Customer service complaints against wilmington branch manager severe lack of proper professional conduct Wilmington branch manager has been working for the registry for decades. It is the most inappropriate individual to ever communicate or work with the public. He takes great pleasure in the antagonizing and annoying and aggravating people. He takes great pleasure in refusing service, even when appropriate documents are present. This individual is only qualified to push broom.

User's recommendation: When treated with the utmost disrespect in unprofessionalism, you must complain, so that changes might happen

map-marker Holden, Massachusetts

Attempting to long in to my account

The system seemingly both remembers my account and does not. I am locked out and customer service essentially told me to "take a walk"

User's recommendation: Try walk' ins forget this website unless you absolutely need it (unfortunately)

Levis Ppp

Registration expired

Did not have success renewing my expired registration on line. I would like to speak with someone who could help.
map-marker Watertown, Massachusetts

Rmv visit

An appointment can not be made on line for my transaction. So i wait in line as the appointments are called first and as they keep coming in. When i get to the window i sm told that dhe can make me an appointment for later in the day snd i can come back. No i could not make the appointment on line it has to ve done in person. Not surprised this is the best system that the commonwealth of mass could come up with
Jill C Dlm

Out state license suspension

My husband had gotten pulled over on September 14th in Bellingham on Pulaski Blvd. The officer told him his Massachusetts license was suspended.

She then told him he had ro call the Mass RMV to handle the situation. He called that day, was on hold for nearly 2.5 hrs just to be hung up on. Called the following day, was on hold for another 4 hours to be told he had to pay a.ticke tdrom 2012 that I'm 100000% sure it's been paid already. My problem is we were told that our receipt would be emailed to my husband.

It's now October 1st and we have yet to receive it. This system is atrocious and I'm glad I'm not a Massachusetts resident

Loss:
Cons:
  • Extreme inconsitency of service

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: I would recommend pulling your hair out before recommending the Massachusetts RMV

david s Dlv

hi there this is what i told him in court *** you ashold ok goit there now

Guest

I would contact the Massachusetts attorney general’s office. As well as one of your United State’s senators.

View more comments (1)
michael r Qmc

Verified Reviewer

renew mass id do not know s number ?? 100nsymbols...

renew mass id do not know s number ?? 100nsymbols just need to renew mass id but dont have s number ???

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article